Debra Kay Robinson
Rest Well Among the Angels (A Tribute Poem to Maya Angelou)
Insight to her world
And all that words can be
Most gracious woman
The power of your presence
Your eloquence and your rhyme
Now you lay your head to rest
And forever you will rise!
The lyric, the love
The lessons that were learned
The colors of your rainbow
The beauty in what we've heard.
Those things a person must come to know
So few yet understand
Love was your compass
And the power behind your pen.
What you put out in this world
Your courage and your words.
You've paved many roads
A legend the world did see
Rest well among the angels
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rest Well Among the Angels (A Tribute Poem to Maya Angelou) by Debra Kay Robinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- eat it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI