Wayne Leon Learmond
You know it's going to ring
But what does it care?
Seeing you tormented
pulling at you're hair.
It's lair is the table
Where the thing resides
And if it had an attitude
you should not be surprised.
For the thing likes to tease -
likes to cause you fear
Ringing when you least expect
When there's noone here.
Who would be calling
at that time of night?
For you're a loner
and it's got NO RIGHT.
To ring like that
Scaring you witless
Making you jump
and making you nervous.
These calls you've been getting
in the middle of the night
The silence is deafening
But you're too tired to fight.
When you lift the receiver
When you say hello
You know you're tormentor
and you're tormentor
has to go.
But the thing has become an entity
Battling for you're mind
It rings when you're asleep
Ringing nearly all the time.
It seems to alway sense
when you are all alone
And plays upon you're fear of the
Wayne Leon Learmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Telephone by Wayne Leon Learmond )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- She Hate Me, Gillu Rahul
- नशा है तुम्हारा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- I'm my Messiah, Light Mark
- गणतंत्र नहीं गुणतंत्र चाहिये, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Transportational Hazards, derrick foster
- अमीबा से ह्युमन तक, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Crazy For You, Gillu Rahul
- दिल में तुम्हे रखा है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- ओ घघरी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar