The Unborn's Plea
Oh, what have I done and what Is my Crime?
Or did I just happen at not the right time?
And how can you sign that Death warrant for me?
Or am I the Child of a Pagan, that you sacrifice me?
A hasty decision, but Oh what it means,
A life of Regret, second guesses and Shame,
You'll see me and hear me when children walk by,
My Memory will haunt you, with all the reasons why.
For as sure as God created Adam and Eve,
He knows all my Members before I'm Conceived,
He sees my Heart beating, He watches me grow;
I'm part of His Plan, and please treat me so.
You may grow to love me, my small Hands and Face,
And maybe in your Heart, I'll win me a place,
I'll make you so proud, I promise you so,
I'll love you and honor you, even when you grow old.
So many barren Wombs cry out in Despair,
They want what I am, they know it's not fair,
Oh, there'll be a Reckoning for sure and for real
If you end my young Life with cold stainless steel.
Psalm 139: 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unborn's Plea by Louie Vetter )
- Immortal Men, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Cafe Kivhan, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- From My Thought, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Blue Sails, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Paperdolls, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Losing you, Ronnie Rox
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mark R Slaughter
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow