The Unborn's Plea
Oh, what have I done and what Is my Crime?
Or did I just happen at not the right time?
And how can you sign that Death warrant for me?
Or am I the Child of a Pagan, that you sacrifice me?
A hasty decision, but Oh what it means,
A life of Regret, second guesses and Shame,
You'll see me and hear me when children walk by,
My Memory will haunt you, with all the reasons why.
For as sure as God created Adam and Eve,
He knows all my Members before I'm Conceived,
He sees my Heart beating, He watches me grow;
I'm part of His Plan, and please treat me so.
You may grow to love me, my small Hands and Face,
And maybe in your Heart, I'll win me a place,
I'll make you so proud, I promise you so,
I'll love you and honor you, even when you grow old.
So many barren Wombs cry out in Despair,
They want what I am, they know it's not fair,
Oh, there'll be a Reckoning for sure and for real
If you end my young Life with cold stainless steel.
Psalm 139: 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unborn's Plea by Louie Vetter )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Falsehood Of Man, Tony Adah
- Sunset, gajanan mishra
- Silent Spring, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This world, appiah japheth
- Nation Building, Tony Adah
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra