The Unborn's Plea
Oh, what have I done and what Is my Crime?
Or did I just happen at not the right time?
And how can you sign that Death warrant for me?
Or am I the Child of a Pagan, that you sacrifice me?
A hasty decision, but Oh what it means,
A life of Regret, second guesses and Shame,
You'll see me and hear me when children walk by,
My Memory will haunt you, with all the reasons why.
For as sure as God created Adam and Eve,
He knows all my Members before I'm Conceived,
He sees my Heart beating, He watches me grow;
I'm part of His Plan, and please treat me so.
You may grow to love me, my small Hands and Face,
And maybe in your Heart, I'll win me a place,
I'll make you so proud, I promise you so,
I'll love you and honor you, even when you grow old.
So many barren Wombs cry out in Despair,
They want what I am, they know it's not fair,
Oh, there'll be a Reckoning for sure and for real
If you end my young Life with cold stainless steel.
Psalm 139: 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unborn's Plea by Louie Vetter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche