Wolf vs Wolf, Truth vs Sin
As black as sin, shrewd hate in his eyes
Evil and angry, full of false pride and lies
Greed, guilt and arrogance all marked his cruel gait
Resentment and ego was what this wolf ate.
No room for another, here jealousy rules
How dare a white stranger, intrude into my home.
The pale wolf called Truth then softly walked in
Full of kindness and hope, so benevolently
With love, understanding and peace in his eyes
Compassionate, content, full of faith and wise.
'Start packing your bags, Truth said, for I'm moving in
Not enough room for us both, O black wolf called Sin.'
The battleground is set, the line is drawn
The contestants entered, the fight is on
Who is stronger, who will win? We all want to know
They're so evenly matched, the black and the snow.
This fight can rage on for years and years
While the watchers watch on with smiles and tears.
But then in the end only one can succeed.
The stage is in your heart,
The one you feed.
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wolf vs Wolf, Truth vs Sin by Louie Vetter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- I Poet Seer of the Parched throat, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Civilization of our people, Emmanuel George Cefai
- मोदैनि थरथिँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The wounds of May, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I suffer pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Now June begins., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Day Is Nearly Done, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish I were a butterfly, Victoria Robbins
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MINE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MIN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI