Wolf vs Wolf, Truth vs Sin
As black as sin, shrewd hate in his eyes
Evil and angry, full of false pride and lies
Greed, guilt and arrogance all marked his cruel gait
Resentment and ego was what this wolf ate.
No room for another, here jealousy rules
How dare a white stranger, intrude into my home.
The pale wolf called Truth then softly walked in
Full of kindness and hope, so benevolently
With love, understanding and peace in his eyes
Compassionate, content, full of faith and wise.
'Start packing your bags, Truth said, for I'm moving in
Not enough room for us both, O black wolf called Sin.'
The battleground is set, the line is drawn
The contestants entered, the fight is on
Who is stronger, who will win? We all want to know
They're so evenly matched, the black and the snow.
This fight can rage on for years and years
While the watchers watch on with smiles and tears.
But then in the end only one can succeed.
The stage is in your heart,
The one you feed.
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wolf vs Wolf, Truth vs Sin by Louie Vetter )
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor