The Uninvited (P1)
2: am it begins again, the banging the scratching
only now its louder than it has ever been.
It all began six nights ago,
the disembodied voices whispering just
below the darkness. And the odor of rotting
flesh that gets even stronger after night fall.
Trying to hold on to my sanity while attempting
to make sense of it all.
A crucifix along my nightstand used to hang on
my wall until the day i began to notice that the
more i would turn it right side up it would still continue
I have been a devout catholic for most of my life
often i would kneel down to pray. When The disturbances
continued i looked to the church but they quietly turn
As i straddle my bed in terror not daring to move
a limb.I call upon my savior Jesus Christ with all of my
faith within.While attempting to document this madness
my bed moves across the floor, my door knob continues
to rattle as my nerve begins to fade.
Somthing without form attempts to enter my room
this leaves me frozen in fear.To be continued...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
For our very souls are his prize.
Comments about this poem (The Uninvited (P1) by nathaniel watkins )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Peter S. Quinn
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Sestina', Merton Lee
- Sol, Steve Howard