cheryl davis miller
Adrift in a sea of perplexity.
That's how it seems if Your not guiding me.
Cautiously each step I take with fear.
For the cause of not sensing; Your presence near.
Why do I stumble on in dark of night?
When Only Your guidance will give to me sight.
I tremble and press on; I mearly survive.
It's you and Your presence that makes me alive.
The Wanderers wondering, 'why is it so,
I sit here in misery when home I could go? '
God grace me with faith to arise and step out.
Deliver my soul from all angst; and doubt.
Then I as a child could cling once again;
to He Who delivered my soul from all sin.
So there in your lap near the warmth of Your chest;
this wandering drifter could curl up and rest.
Gather Me Home Lord,
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Wanderer by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice