The War With In My Self
Im trying to fight
this on going batle
its my life,
trying to figer out my self
wanting to leep off this shelf things are
geting dusty its a constent fight
to get to the light.
Its cloudy its hard to fight
there never seems like theres anuf light
I dont feel strong anuf
Im geting sore but, I keep going
noing the darknes is growing
and im losing the fight
Im nolonger in sight.
Its hard to breth,
the air is so thik and dry
my throt feels tight
I feel as if Im going to die.
Just when I start to see the light
I remember to fight.
the constent urge to give in,
reles the pain and lose all the fam.
but nowing there may be something more
out sied thet door.
wanting a life out side of thes for walls
helps me fall.
The lights no longer dull
I can see the hall
The path in wich I must tack
that will defy my fate.
I fight to stand on my legs
but, their stif and sore fome all this war.
the war thith in side my self
thats finly off the shelf
Im finly finging my self.
walking tords the door
Im finly rely ready to soare
Im no longer traped behind that door
Iv managed to fight
all throw the night
walking tords the right
soaring out of thes for walls
no longer looked be hind that wall
I wilt in side my self.
Im free to glide, to find the right pathe
after all the fight
I finly got a life
I all most lost my faith
all most lost my life.
Djean Whitney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The War With In My Self by Djean Whitney )
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman