The Winter in Me
i'm using poetry instead of prose
i've always wanted myself to be like ghost
once the leaves of the tree had fell down for autumn
the sun shone over the place
he caught no light
and pretend to be bright
until the time came
the snow falls!
the sun shined no more
the rivers freeze
the squirrels squeaks for swimming and tried to tell the beavers to crack the ice
but they just couldn't until
the melting comes.
nuts never grew
birds didn't flew
one had tried but didn't survive!
tree's roots filtered the salt, but current run or more than a bolt!
things got faster and the winds got stronger!
the spring never come!
the place was dark!
the sun hide behind the clouds!
the breeze was now starting to freeze!
The rodents curse with the season!
Crossed his destiny for a lots of reason!
The sun shined again!
the grass arise from the snow!
the rivers started to flow!
and everything wasn't that slow!
just one more time! oh! give it a blow!
and soon i'll be here to see you tomorrow!
Ellirie Aviles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter in Me by Ellirie Aviles )
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)