The Winter in Me
i'm using poetry instead of prose
i've always wanted myself to be like ghost
once the leaves of the tree had fell down for autumn
the sun shone over the place
he caught no light
and pretend to be bright
until the time came
the snow falls!
the sun shined no more
the rivers freeze
the squirrels squeaks for swimming and tried to tell the beavers to crack the ice
but they just couldn't until
the melting comes.
nuts never grew
birds didn't flew
one had tried but didn't survive!
tree's roots filtered the salt, but current run or more than a bolt!
things got faster and the winds got stronger!
the spring never come!
the place was dark!
the sun hide behind the clouds!
the breeze was now starting to freeze!
The rodents curse with the season!
Crossed his destiny for a lots of reason!
The sun shined again!
the grass arise from the snow!
the rivers started to flow!
and everything wasn't that slow!
just one more time! oh! give it a blow!
and soon i'll be here to see you tomorrow!
Ellirie Aviles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter in Me by Ellirie Aviles )
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)