The Winter in Me
i'm using poetry instead of prose
i've always wanted myself to be like ghost
once the leaves of the tree had fell down for autumn
the sun shone over the place
he caught no light
and pretend to be bright
until the time came
the snow falls!
the sun shined no more
the rivers freeze
the squirrels squeaks for swimming and tried to tell the beavers to crack the ice
but they just couldn't until
the melting comes.
nuts never grew
birds didn't flew
one had tried but didn't survive!
tree's roots filtered the salt, but current run or more than a bolt!
things got faster and the winds got stronger!
the spring never come!
the place was dark!
the sun hide behind the clouds!
the breeze was now starting to freeze!
The rodents curse with the season!
Crossed his destiny for a lots of reason!
The sun shined again!
the grass arise from the snow!
the rivers started to flow!
and everything wasn't that slow!
just one more time! oh! give it a blow!
and soon i'll be here to see you tomorrow!
Ellirie Aviles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter in Me by Ellirie Aviles )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)