The Winter Poem Is A Cold Poem
THE WINTER POEM IS A COLD POEM
The winter poem is a cold poem
It is a poem seeking warmth
It wants to feel a comfort
In being at home
But the cold is deep
And so dark
And the pain so rigid in its breaking
That no light can heat it
And no sun can thaw it
And nothing not even the bright blue skies of another time
Can make one forget it.
The winter poem is a hard poem and a cold poem
And the soul of that poem is as loveless as death.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter Poem Is A Cold Poem by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amazing Grace, Mohammad Siddiqui
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- make mine extra crispy, Mandolyn ...
- ~Death Of My Creations~, Allan Gerard
- Captivations of an Art Form, F. J. Thomas