Kristin Nicole RothDavis
The Woman Within.............
When I look back at what I once was,
I see a fearless young woman
With much to live for,
A young graceful woman, people adored.
A woman with hopes and dreams,
Someone who'd go the extreme to protect her family
A woman who had so much to stand for,
All that's changed now,
Things aren't that way anymore.
When I look in the mirror I'm disappointed,
A woman who's eyes speak of fears
As they shed heartbreaking tears,
A woman who's been battered,
Who's hopes and dreams have been shattered.
I pray that when people talk about me
They'll speak of the woman before,
My body aches of all this added stress,
Longing for some peaceful caress.
The tiger from within,
Begs to be teased,
To the man in my arms who wishes to be pleased,
Look into my eyes and you'll see,
The blue-lit flames of desire reaching to be set free!
Kristin Nicole RothDavis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Woman Within............. by Kristin Nicole RothDavis )
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
- Nwng2(Simangnisim), Swrji Basumatary
- Tuniapali Tracks On, Pintu Mahakul
- अपने तसव्वुर में जीने दे और (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Life Is Good and Not Always Bad, Rohit Sapra
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
- Into Place, Margaret Moran
- A walk in the Twilight, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)