Kristin Nicole RothDavis
The Woman Within.............
When I look back at what I once was,
I see a fearless young woman
With much to live for,
A young graceful woman, people adored.
A woman with hopes and dreams,
Someone who'd go the extreme to protect her family
A woman who had so much to stand for,
All that's changed now,
Things aren't that way anymore.
When I look in the mirror I'm disappointed,
A woman who's eyes speak of fears
As they shed heartbreaking tears,
A woman who's been battered,
Who's hopes and dreams have been shattered.
I pray that when people talk about me
They'll speak of the woman before,
My body aches of all this added stress,
Longing for some peaceful caress.
The tiger from within,
Begs to be teased,
To the man in my arms who wishes to be pleased,
Look into my eyes and you'll see,
The blue-lit flames of desire reaching to be set free!
Kristin Nicole RothDavis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Woman Within............. by Kristin Nicole RothDavis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney