Kristin Nicole RothDavis
The Woman Within.............
When I look back at what I once was,
I see a fearless young woman
With much to live for,
A young graceful woman, people adored.
A woman with hopes and dreams,
Someone who'd go the extreme to protect her family
A woman who had so much to stand for,
All that's changed now,
Things aren't that way anymore.
When I look in the mirror I'm disappointed,
A woman who's eyes speak of fears
As they shed heartbreaking tears,
A woman who's been battered,
Who's hopes and dreams have been shattered.
I pray that when people talk about me
They'll speak of the woman before,
My body aches of all this added stress,
Longing for some peaceful caress.
The tiger from within,
Begs to be teased,
To the man in my arms who wishes to be pleased,
Look into my eyes and you'll see,
The blue-lit flames of desire reaching to be set free!
Kristin Nicole RothDavis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Woman Within............. by Kristin Nicole RothDavis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hope, Tony Adah
- I am Amorous Nature, Akhtar Jawad
- Eternity That Strays, Alven L. Robinson
- Sleep and Soul, Ismim Putera
- Human Relationships, Jaipal Singh
- I knew I should've taken Spanish in high.., the hobbler
- Stopping by Sea on a Stormy Evening, Jeffrey Tillery
- For her only, Nick Scalisi
- Monsoon Days, Alven L. Robinson
- The Jade Road, Alven L. Robinson