The World of Immortals
Why do we only come when something is in it for us physically?
Why don't we come to save our souls, and get eternity?
Why do we only come to the holy grounds, when the immortal pal is always near?
But when Tho comes to claim you as his, we turn away like he is dirt. We say come later, please?
Your a darn fool!
If you shout that.
Maybe you'll enjoy burning in hell along side the generation before.
Many do shout like a fool.
They take the broad easy way.
They know right form wrong in the humands eyes.
But what about the eyes of God, does he think your a good man?
We follow the immortal; We become one with the world.
When that happens, we degrade.
No more left of you, the sinner.
Your mistakes are counted against you because you follow the ways of the Immortal Man.
Is what is said to you.
You the Immortal Man.
Lexie Mulkey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World of Immortals by Lexie Mulkey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Right Now, D.L. Aceves
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Youth, Naveed Khalid
- Eureka Moments Lost In Noise, Terence G. Craddock
- *SOULFUL SILENCE, C. P. Sharma