Their Great Lust For Life
In life for many every day there's some battle to fight
And many must go to bed hungry at night
That is those who do have a bed to sleep on
And any hope of success that they had from them gone.
Their life's greatest battle is just to survive
And their great lust for life only keeps them alive
A fair go in life to them has been denied
Those on the wrong side of the social divide.
Familiar to poverty and they know of despair
But their great lust for life keeps them hanging in there
Like poor struggling fish washed in by the tide
And if there is a god he is not on their side.
The poverty stricken the poor and downtrod
The Homeless and the Stateless of the lesser god
Yet despite their misfortunes to life they do cling
And their great lust for life is an amazing thing.
With their heavy life's crosses they struiggle to cope
And their great lust for life it was born out of hope
That lady luck on them one day soon will smile
And their every day struggles will have been worth-while.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Their Great Lust For Life by Francis Duggan )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz