'' Then Evil Will Lead Us Astray ''
When the aliens arrived on our beloved Earth,
We refused to allow their craft to berth,
As for compassion there was a dearth,
Our visitors were filled with dismay.
While some of the humans offered assistance,
The other half put up a resistance,
After travelling all that distance,
Their fears we had to allay.
Though they had powers beyond our control,
There were those among us who refused to console,
Their superiority they would not extol,
Our visitors they wanted to betray.
Despite the fact that they came here in peace,
Our visitors craft they refused to release,
It was their technology they wanted to fleece,
To steal it there’d be no delay.
The aliens warned them there is no going back,
If you force our tentacles we will surely attack,
But in times of greed common sense we did lack,
Humans were determined to cause them affray.
When their craft was held and then secured,
That’s when they told us to rest assured,
The views of their enemies were being obscured,
They wouldn’t stand for foul play.
Throughout our universe your probes have been found,
Your effect on other life forms has been really profound,
They said you sent for us not the other way round,
So why this aggressive display.
Their superior intelligence soon made us cower,
No weapons required just an alien glower,
We were forced to concede to their astonishing power,
Their enemies then all ran away.
Your messages to us speak of peace loving creatures,
Of love and compassion your are the teachers,
From what we’ve witnessed you’ve got none of these features,
What you do is lead others astray.
In life there’s someone more clever than you,
Rather than acknowledge it you cause them ado,
Your misconception you’re superior is in need of a review,
Total conceit is what you portray.
It’s this arrogance and greed that are costing us dear,
That’s why we’re living in a world filled with fear,
If with God’s commandments we refuse to adhere,
‘’ Then Evil Will Lead Us Astray ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' Then Evil Will Lead Us Astray '' by bri mar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How to Stay Alive in the Woods #2, Holly Wotherspoon