Lawrence S. Pertillar
There To Give As Expected
Alone but not with a lonely feeling,
To dwell in regret I live a single life.
Too much I had contributed to admit,
A love resides within me to give.
Had I been a recipient to miss it given?
Or had I'd been a giver to condone,
An alone feeling no one pursued to undo...
As long as I was there to give as expected,
By the ones accepting what it was I gave...
'They' received to believe I had no desires,
Or need for it to me to be shown to believe.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There To Give As Expected by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Gods Strong Hold, Lilly Emery
- Softball Game, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Maharshi Aurobido's The Life Divine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Casting A Lure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flagflap, Saiom Shriver
- Ants, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadow Play, Saiom Shriver
- essay 1, gordon nosworthy
- Grasping Sunlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Unrequited, Saiom Shriver