These woods are clever in loveliness,
Bells chime and tell of the mistakes in odours;
The sylvan stench understood the deadly men,
Who fastened their teeth to the barking dogs
With claims of dangerous pain,
And fitting healthy pangs.
The frozen rivers are also my loveliness,
They are attached to me from healing,
The properties are against the chemical properties,
Staying is the power that ends all comely affairs.
Such high tasks are fitting to the lame and heated,
Fixing sounds that are shaking the void of this universe.
Listen to the woods of this world,
An effort designs us when we work
For a jug of ale, from an alehouse
That remains an abbey of such inclinations.
We serve the woods with such alcohol
And drink too much due to the pains of fairies.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (These Woods by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eating Out At The Elephant Bar, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Road To The Moon, Neela Nath
- Worry not, my dear, gajanan mishra
- The Onlys, douglas scotney
- First Impressions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is there any thing called death?, gajanan mishra
- Hiding In Daylight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My First Day, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Oh Stranger, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Thinking In Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak