They Call it the Great Satan
Dictatorial Tyranny and Liberal Iniquity: both are binding fetter.
Can’t we remember that once, America stood for something better.
They call it the Great Satan, and in a way, they aren’t wrong,
When our ambassadors strut down their streets, dressed in purple thong.*
A conquering power came and promised them liberation,
But is now parading profanely and purveying rancid libations.
What other rights and means does it wish to install?
Abortion on demand! Molech’s American followers call.
The new ‘freedom’ won with the blood of the people of the books
Was not for the sodomites, the infant-killers, or the socialist rooks!
America sent her sons to overthrow the Saddam-tyrant
To give the promise of justice to the meek, hopeful, and aspirant.
The freedom to speak the truth all across the nation without expulsion,
The freedom to worship the Lord of all creation without compulsion,
The freedom to choose ones work and honest wages earn
And the freedom to study for those who wish to learn
The freedom to walk the street without fear of the gun
The freedom to build a family: man, wife, daughter, and son.
These are the freedoms which made America Great!
Not the perverted whims of Obama’s new global nanny state.
So what will America be on the future global stage?
Will it take Obama’s low road which will continue to enrage?
Will it proclaim its motto “In God We Trust? ” as it tolls the liberty bell?
Or will Great Satan lead the world down its wide highway to hell?
Obama has made clear which path he intends:
“America is no longer a Christian Country” or so he pretends.
But America will get fed up with the left wings' apostate deeds.
For many still hold dear the teaching of the Savior of their creeds.
It is up to the remnant to represent America's better side.
By showing love and respect for our Iraqi friends while in Christ we still abide.
* 'American decadence' invades Baghdad:
http: //www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx? id=547546
Daniel Partlow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Call it the Great Satan by Daniel Partlow )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Michael P. McParland
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Shady Retreat..., Denis Martindale
- It is open, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Nature.Of free Will., SAK Reddy
- A Lasting Psalm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Catalyst, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide
- The good theme, hasmukh amathalal