john chizoba vincent
THEY MADE US NAKED
The rotten smelling pigs of the twenty first century
With characteristics of Geoge Orwell Pig 'Nepoleon'.
Bad leaders in a paradise humming in disgust
They made us hopeless not life.
Torture us unkindly regardless of our sorrow'
We are painted black and red changing like the chameleon
In which you hardly identify the colour we are made of.
They made us naked, strip off our dreams
IN them we built our hope on but it failed.
In them lies our labour but no reward
Continually, they exploit us happily.
All rivers run into their seas, yet they satisfy not
Remember you, in much wisdom is much grief.
Gather you silver, gold and crude to your barn,
Or peculiar treasure of the kings
It shall soon end, and you suffer like us.
Naked we are, naked shall you be soon.
You are naked and naked we are when created
So naked shall we all go when the other phase opens.
You made us naked and shameful
Took all that belongs to us
And with held our joy and our kindness wrought.
Vexation of spirit we are left with
remember wisdom excel folly as light excel darkness
And no profit under the burning sun.
We turn ourselves to behold wisdom to conquer folly
The wise man's sight remain in his head
You shall weep some day and
there shall be no one to cloth you.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THEY MADE US NAKED by john chizoba vincent )
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- The Ripples Of Hope, Ruma Chaudhuri
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)