James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
THEY MANIPULATE... NOV 16TH,2013
THEY MANIPULATE… NOV 16TH,2013
And we’re not allowed to change the Charter; its just not done,
Even if we pretend and say, we are just doing it for fun,
It doesn’t matter how many scandals they have up there,
It’s like death-with-dignity; they refuse; even if we say a prayer.
Our hand-picked elite aristocrats are in supreme command,
And you better shut up because you are only a hired hand,
You may be in the majority that didn’t vote - you should vote,
No death with dignity for you as our politicians take note.
I get the impression that they avoid these subjects like the plague?
Or if they answer a question; it is extremely vague,
Is this democracy or dictatorship or should we have to ask?
No real set-date elections, referendums and no one up to the task.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.