Obed dela Cruz
They Show In Those Seasons
When rage attacks
And terror strikes,
All have one desire
That someone will answer the cry.
When war is over used
And child’s strength abused,
All is shaken
Because none will enlighten.
But they show in those seasons
That’s why they are called “heroes”
Because their job is
To fill the earth of peace.
When the oppressed
And the harassed
Have none to run to
There’s a hero that will save you.
If the leaders are made,
Heroes are trained.
Their training is long
Because they need to be strong.
A leader may do a mistake
But a hero is there to save.
But these heroes
Only show in those seasons.
When the bad guys
Filled one’s mind
Of darkness and treachery,
A hero will show and erase insanity.
But a hero
Is not always a hero
Because they appear
Only when no one is available to hear.
But you can be a hero
Even if you are still zero.
Just live your day
To make justice, mercy, and truth stay.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(September 5,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Show In Those Seasons by Obed dela Cruz )
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
- No lights., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley