Obed dela Cruz
They Show In Those Seasons
When rage attacks
And terror strikes,
All have one desire
That someone will answer the cry.
When war is over used
And child’s strength abused,
All is shaken
Because none will enlighten.
But they show in those seasons
That’s why they are called “heroes”
Because their job is
To fill the earth of peace.
When the oppressed
And the harassed
Have none to run to
There’s a hero that will save you.
If the leaders are made,
Heroes are trained.
Their training is long
Because they need to be strong.
A leader may do a mistake
But a hero is there to save.
But these heroes
Only show in those seasons.
When the bad guys
Filled one’s mind
Of darkness and treachery,
A hero will show and erase insanity.
But a hero
Is not always a hero
Because they appear
Only when no one is available to hear.
But you can be a hero
Even if you are still zero.
Just live your day
To make justice, mercy, and truth stay.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(September 5,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at email@example.com but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Show In Those Seasons by Obed dela Cruz )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)