Obed dela Cruz
They Show In Those Seasons
When rage attacks
And terror strikes,
All have one desire
That someone will answer the cry.
When war is over used
And child’s strength abused,
All is shaken
Because none will enlighten.
But they show in those seasons
That’s why they are called “heroes”
Because their job is
To fill the earth of peace.
When the oppressed
And the harassed
Have none to run to
There’s a hero that will save you.
If the leaders are made,
Heroes are trained.
Their training is long
Because they need to be strong.
A leader may do a mistake
But a hero is there to save.
But these heroes
Only show in those seasons.
When the bad guys
Filled one’s mind
Of darkness and treachery,
A hero will show and erase insanity.
But a hero
Is not always a hero
Because they appear
Only when no one is available to hear.
But you can be a hero
Even if you are still zero.
Just live your day
To make justice, mercy, and truth stay.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(September 5,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Show In Those Seasons by Obed dela Cruz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb