Things That Go Bump In The Night
Things go bump in the night,
I wake with a sudden fright.
I'm fast asleep in my bed,
when there's a noise in my head.
Sitting up with a bound,
ears straining to hear the sound.
What is it, I think,
boy, I need a drink.
Is it the cat,
or maybe it's a rat.
There's not a sound to be heard,
what's that, it's the cry of a bird.
Go back to sleep you fool,
it's only the house starting to cool.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Things That Go Bump In The Night by Tango Tango )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra
- The day on the tract of the life, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Ocean, Maverick Jones
- Midnight Train, Petra Maria
- Budget and the poem, gajanan mishra
- Killer in the Shadows, Maverick Jones
- Get Name And Number, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- No loss, gajanan mishra