THINGS WE SHOULD AVOID... NOV 11TH,2013
THINGS WE AVOID...NOV 11TH,2013
Assisted suicide, referendums and nailed down election dates,
Are forbidden and avoided and we can’t even have a debate,
Compulsory voting never mentioned so less than half of us vote,
Frequent scandals fill the TV and papers so we should take note.
Weighed down by a huge Red Chamber appointed Senate place,
People there for almost their whole lives that cannot be replaced,
How dare you even think that we might desperately need to change,
Where referendums and death with dignity cannot be arranged.
Finding a political solution to our scandals should be a breeze,
Unless its a winter attitude and everything begins to freeze,
But our appointed senators want everything to stay as they are,
Even a slight change, they see, as may be going too far.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THINGS WE SHOULD AVOID... NOV 11TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath