Lawrence S. Pertillar
This Has Been Your Convenience
What has happened to our marriage?
We both participated in a ceremony.
And you believe,
Socializing with your friends...
And doing as you please,
Was part of it.
But I didn't say 'I do' to none of that!
Your marriage has been kept in tact!
On the other hand...
Mine hasn't started.
And that's why my bags are packed.'
But this has been 'our' marriage.
This has been your convenience.
And I am leaving that and you.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Has Been Your Convenience by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)