Danny The Dreamer Boyd
This Is Not Goodbye
This is not goodbye although we might meet,
Never again, nor this is farewell;
I know it's not goodbye albeit our hearts beat,
Each in a different space, but melodiously some place dwell.
Last time I blinked three years've gone by,
And now there aren't enough words to say:
For I am sure that this is not goodbye,
And such memories can't just end one day.
I dread when I walk out of that door:
This very moment could be the last;
I'm sure each step'll make me more sore,
And when I look back: eternity'd have passed!
You only appreciate what is gone,
But this time this is not the case;
Yet tears are still to stream anon:
When you yet can't the present embrace.
Fortune pities not who've loved so dear,
Just fills them with regrets over a joyous time;
If only I could tell that the end was near,
Right when we started such a startling chime!
I knew it had to end right from the start,
As do all beautiful and wonderful things;
And though it kills me softly as it slowly breaks my heart:
I have to accept always a beauty sadness brings.
Words are but worthless for my feelings are beyond:
So I guess I'd rather in silence only leave;
But no matter the distance, there will ever be this bond:
That will always make me smile while I grieve!
It's only when the end is nigh,
As I am in tremendous pain:
That I know it was not goodbye;
Instead, 'Till we shall meet again.'
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is Not Goodbye by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin
- Purpose, Kela LewisMorin
- Love, Kela LewisMorin
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin