Danny The Dreamer Boyd
This Is Not Goodbye
This is not goodbye although we might meet,
Never again, nor this is farewell;
I know it's not goodbye albeit our hearts beat,
Each in a different space, but melodiously some place dwell.
Last time I blinked three years've gone by,
And now there aren't enough words to say:
For I am sure that this is not goodbye,
And such memories can't just end one day.
I dread when I walk out of that door:
This very moment could be the last;
I'm sure each step'll make me more sore,
And when I look back: eternity'd have passed!
You only appreciate what is gone,
But this time this is not the case;
Yet tears are still to stream anon:
When you yet can't the present embrace.
Fortune pities not who've loved so dear,
Just fills them with regrets over a joyous time;
If only I could tell that the end was near,
Right when we started such a startling chime!
I knew it had to end right from the start,
As do all beautiful and wonderful things;
And though it kills me softly as it slowly breaks my heart:
I have to accept always a beauty sadness brings.
Words are but worthless for my feelings are beyond:
So I guess I'd rather in silence only leave;
But no matter the distance, there will ever be this bond:
That will always make me smile while I grieve!
It's only when the end is nigh,
As I am in tremendous pain:
That I know it was not goodbye;
Instead, 'Till we shall meet again.'
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is Not Goodbye by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)