Danny The Dreamer Boyd
This Is It
Throughout a journey of love and hate:
I've learned too little, or too much!
And being daily in a different state:
Has left me only out of touch.
I've set out so soon ago,
As is on an obscure quest;
And up till now I still don't know:
Whether it was for the worst or best!
The very start still seems so clear,
The very end is happening now;
And with but woe in the atmosphere:
I wish I could start over somehow.
It's not that I would change the course,
The words, the laughs or the cries;
But maybe try all that remorse,
Destroying by breaking my disguise!
I could even spend more time
With whom I really dearly miss,
And forget about the mount of rime
Inside that guided me amiss!
Despite the coldness in my heart,
It still beats, hence I'm forlorn;
And the passion increases when we're furthest apart,
And the heat melts the frost and leaves me to mourn.
I've never really a destination set,
Yet let the tide but seize control;
Alas, I guess that this is it:
The time I've finally stopped to stroll!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is It by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine