Danny The Dreamer Boyd
This Is It
Throughout a journey of love and hate:
I've learned too little, or too much!
And being daily in a different state:
Has left me only out of touch.
I've set out so soon ago,
As is on an obscure quest;
And up till now I still don't know:
Whether it was for the worst or best!
The very start still seems so clear,
The very end is happening now;
And with but woe in the atmosphere:
I wish I could start over somehow.
It's not that I would change the course,
The words, the laughs or the cries;
But maybe try all that remorse,
Destroying by breaking my disguise!
I could even spend more time
With whom I really dearly miss,
And forget about the mount of rime
Inside that guided me amiss!
Despite the coldness in my heart,
It still beats, hence I'm forlorn;
And the passion increases when we're furthest apart,
And the heat melts the frost and leaves me to mourn.
I've never really a destination set,
Yet let the tide but seize control;
Alas, I guess that this is it:
The time I've finally stopped to stroll!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is It by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Why are we here?, Sarah Ferguson
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra