This moon owns the night...
a moon that's full,
a moon that pulls
not just salty oceans
but daring dreams of the night,
frightening ghosts of the heart,
and a yearning
to prowl, howl, and stalk
the prey we've been denied.
This moon knows all the songs
the strong, the weak
and those caught between
true darkness and light.
it will fling like waves
our hearts, our minds,
and blind us to everything
but the burning, learning hunger
it has awakened in our bones.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Moon by Charlie Burttram )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz