This moon owns the night...
a moon that's full,
a moon that pulls
not just salty oceans
but daring dreams of the night,
frightening ghosts of the heart,
and a yearning
to prowl, howl, and stalk
the prey we've been denied.
This moon knows all the songs
the strong, the weak
and those caught between
true darkness and light.
it will fling like waves
our hearts, our minds,
and blind us to everything
but the burning, learning hunger
it has awakened in our bones.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Moon by Charlie Burttram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest