Carolyn Ford Witt
THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES
- THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES -
As I go out walking
Through the darkness of my house,
Never waking anyone-
As quiet as a mouse.
These memories walk swiftly
Through the shadows of my mind
And words are dancing pleasantly
They are so hard to find.
The rantings of a poet
The writer in me balks,
As those special little memories
Go out for their short walks.
They are so elusive
As I grab at them in vain
All the little memories
From inside my mind -do drain.
I've hunted and I've hunted,
Where did those memories go?
Where in this mind, have I not looked?
I really do not know.
But as I'm hunting everywhere,
I feel a little churn,
As a few of those fond memories
Into my mind return.
They're dancing and they're prancing
I've got to write them down
Or they'll just prance- out of my mind
Before I turn around.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)