Carolyn Ford Witt
THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES
- THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES -
As I go out walking
Through the darkness of my house,
Never waking anyone-
As quiet as a mouse.
These memories walk swiftly
Through the shadows of my mind
And words are dancing pleasantly
They are so hard to find.
The rantings of a poet
The writer in me balks,
As those special little memories
Go out for their short walks.
They are so elusive
As I grab at them in vain
All the little memories
From inside my mind -do drain.
I've hunted and I've hunted,
Where did those memories go?
Where in this mind, have I not looked?
I really do not know.
But as I'm hunting everywhere,
I feel a little churn,
As a few of those fond memories
Into my mind return.
They're dancing and they're prancing
I've got to write them down
Or they'll just prance- out of my mind
Before I turn around.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
- there it is, Bill Cantrell
- Broken Mirrors Haiku, David Lacey
- In the Deserts of Exile, Jabra Ibrahim Jabra
- True Poetry Is Like A Rose, Denis Martindale
- Lovely butterflies Fly by, See I, Harindhar Reddy
- Believe and trust, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)