Carolyn Ford Witt
THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES
- THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES -
As I go out walking
Through the darkness of my house,
Never waking anyone-
As quiet as a mouse.
These memories walk swiftly
Through the shadows of my mind
And words are dancing pleasantly
They are so hard to find.
The rantings of a poet
The writer in me balks,
As those special little memories
Go out for their short walks.
They are so elusive
As I grab at them in vain
All the little memories
From inside my mind -do drain.
I've hunted and I've hunted,
Where did those memories go?
Where in this mind, have I not looked?
I really do not know.
But as I'm hunting everywhere,
I feel a little churn,
As a few of those fond memories
Into my mind return.
They're dancing and they're prancing
I've got to write them down
Or they'll just prance- out of my mind
Before I turn around.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THOSE ELUSIVE MEMORIES by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus