Carolyn Ford Witt
- THOSE MEMORIES-
Within the far rooms of my mind
Those precious memories stay
Locked so tight..I cannot find
That elusive hidden way.
Those memories, I held, Oh so dear,
Beyond my reach have been
So far within..that I would fear
I never would get in!
How could they now play tricks on me,
Those thoughts..I can't control.
To take away..as memories flee
Those memories of Ole.
Thank God, I wrote of time so fine
Sweet memories so true,
Those long ago sweet memories mine,
Sweet memories of You.
When all those actions were so clear
And memories so new
Of things that I did hold so dear,
Those things we used to do.
So now those memories, I'll recall
From words written long ago,
No longer does depression fall
For Sweet Memories..I will know!
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THOSE MEMORIES by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)