nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Though I am a pensioner still a sad lover?
Still I hardly see with my painful cataract eyes
Your fading beauty!
Hearing is totally weak now
but your singsong echoes well.
I bought this magical expensive mirror
from a moving sale in a Manor.
Whenever you see your beauty
just watch carefully,
I'll be standing behind you!
It's me your sad lover?
Sorry, I won't smile
as those rascal rats have stolen my denture!
[It's easier to build boys than to mend men.]-Unknown
Poet Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.