Though I am a pensioner still a sad lover?
Still I hardly see with my painful cataract eyes
Your fading beauty!
Hearing is totally weak now
but your singsong echoes well.
I bought this magical expensive mirror
from a moving sale in a Manor.
Whenever you see your beauty
just watch carefully,
I'll be standing behind you!
It's me your sad lover?
Sorry, I won't smile
as those rascal rats have stolen my denture!
[It's easier to build boys than to mend men.]-Unknown
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Though I am a pensioner still a sad lover? by nimal dunuhinga )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)