Three Valentine Limericks
My Valentine, a lady de Lille
Was recently put on de pille
‘Tis said without vex
That a man Mister X
Foots de bille for de pille for de Lille.
Said Liz of her Valentine, the Bard
You are nowt but a big lump of lard.
With no sense of timing
Except for your rhyming
You always arrive en retard.
Twas on 14th of Feb. that he wooed her
And sixteen days later he booed her
She hadn’t got wine
Nor roses - the swine!
Then in only three weeks he sooed her.
Margaret Kollmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Three Valentine Limericks by Margaret Kollmer )
- Deep in, Nassy Fesharaki
- No!, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your own existence, gajanan mishra
- FLYING GLASS SHARDS, Satish Verma
- Limerick.4 - One of a Kind, Patricia Grantham
- The Snowman on the Moor, Sylvia Plath
- The Lady And The Earthenware Head, Sylvia Plath
- On The Difficulty Of Conjuring Up A Dryad, Sylvia Plath
- Memoirs Of A Spinach-Picker, Sylvia Plath
- Green Rock, Winthrop Bay, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)