Time Has Passed
Time has passed within this gentle spring.
Graduation is a joyful time that everyone will bring.
In this time,
bells will chime,
and birds will sing during this joyful time.
During this time,
we will leave the nest,
and go off to college and do our best.
On the tenth year,
we will have a career.
A time of peace and wealth will also appear.
Take your time to remember the days.
Remember when you first conquered true love's maze.
Remember the good times when children play.
On this day when you walk down the gym,
time will tell and you'll answer its every whim.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Time Has Passed by Casey Jarrell )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal
- Dread, Leong Ming Loong
- Stars, 1000 Miles
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai