Time To Think
Why is is that my mind floods with pictures and dreams of things I can't have
Another chase has begun. Another foggy path I've chosen to walk down
I feel like a dog chasing a rabbit in a dog race.
Sprinting after something I was never meant to catch.
These damned thoughts bring in hurricane type rain over my head
More floods, flash floods, time to swim through these thoughts again.
Now I find myself stranded on this island, watching my desires sail by
Another fairy-tale looking for a 'Happy Ending'
Khaleel Steir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time To Think by Khaleel Steir )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Percy Bysshe Shelley