Dorian Petersen Potter
Timepieces (Free Style)
The clock of life never ceases at all,
God is everywhere, and everywhere with you and me;
And we don't really know, when we will hear His call,
So let's enjoy life the best we can, today and everyday!
You should treasure the time that you hold right now,
Appreciate everything and cherish all the love you have you know;
'Cause tomorrow, who knows? you may have it not,
And all that you really own, is this precious time, right now,
We're sorrounded ourselves, everywhere and anywhere by lots of clocks,
We carry them, we wear them, we awake and sleep with them everywhere we go,
We are slaves of time you know, we keep them in buildings and every room of our home,
We buy them in silver and gold, and in every metal, brand and style, they can be big or small you know.
Some are expensive, some are cheap, some are very pretty and some are ugly, and time doesn't care if you're young or old.
They keep us organized and give us time to plan the things we need to do, and to me time is more important than gold.
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Timepieces (Free Style) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Forgotten of the Foot, Anne Stevenson
- तेरे हाथों की मेहदी... ere hathonki, hasmukh amathalal
- Captive Without Bars, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- False Flowers, Anne Stevenson
- Birth is a bubble burst with death., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not love alone, hasmukh amathalal
- The friends, gajanan mishra
- Elegy: In Coherent Light, Anne Stevenson
- Elegy, Anne Stevenson
- I feel her, hasmukh amathalal