Times in Heaven
It was a day in early May
When the two sat on a hill,
Staring into the sea.
The sea was shimmering,
The sky was bright,
The air was glimmering,
In soft moonlight.
The salty sea washed against the sand,
As the couple sat together, hand in hand.
Staring, just staring into their eyes
Beneath the bright and moonlit skies.
Reflecting on the times together,
The times in Heaven,
The times unmeasured.
Enamored in that gaze so strong,
They held it for a time too long,
When in came crashing the careless waves,
That drove them to their watery graves.
Jesse Ellsbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Times in Heaven by Jesse Ellsbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak