Times in Heaven
It was a day in early May
When the two sat on a hill,
Staring into the sea.
The sea was shimmering,
The sky was bright,
The air was glimmering,
In soft moonlight.
The salty sea washed against the sand,
As the couple sat together, hand in hand.
Staring, just staring into their eyes
Beneath the bright and moonlit skies.
Reflecting on the times together,
The times in Heaven,
The times unmeasured.
Enamored in that gaze so strong,
They held it for a time too long,
When in came crashing the careless waves,
That drove them to their watery graves.
Jesse Ellsbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Times in Heaven by Jesse Ellsbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fences. They Are Everywhere, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do in the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy