To be a Slave of Intensity
Friend, hope for the guest while you are alive.
Jump into experience while you are alive!
Think...and think...while you are alive.
What you call 'salvation' belongs to the time before death.
If you don't break your ropes while you're alive,
do you think
ghosts will do it after?
The idea that the soul will join with the ecstatic
Just because the body is rotten -
that is all fantasy.
What is found now is found then.
If you find nothing now,
you will simply end up with an apartment in the City of Death.
If you make love with the divine now, in the next life you will have the face of satisfied desire.
So plunge into the truth, find out who the Teacher is,
Believe in the Great Sound!
Kabir says this: When the guest is being searched for, it is the intensity of the longing for the Guest that does all the work.
Look at me, and you will see a slave of that intensity.
Kabir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To be a Slave of Intensity by Kabir )
Did you read them?
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
- ADORING MOTHER MARIZA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTOR ANATASIA DRAKE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTIVITIES DAY WITH KIM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)