TO BE LOVED BY SOMEONE
To many chose to be selfish, uncommitted and cruel
In their heart, mind, desire and daily purpose.
It’s always about them never about others
And that’s why man’s world remains such a circus.
Ever since man wore garments of grass or fur
And beat his enemy with stick and stone.
Mortals have had their need to be loved by someone
Or spend life unwanted, sad, lost and alone.
All through the history of humankind on earth
Victory over evil has glorified our goal.
Divine wisdom teaches from what to depart
As living God’s word delivers our soul.
Tom's 600 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TO BE LOVED BY SOMEONE by Tom Zart )
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)