Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
To Be Read Twice and Again
Today I met you again and I knew not who you were, though I know who You are,
We spoke, talked and conversated about things near and afar.
And so the night is through, you are long since gone but yet, you Don’t escape my mind,
I close my eyes and the sweetest loving thoughts of you I find.
My heart is punishing me that I found no way to know that you are Okay,
I humbly ask, is it wrong of me to proclaim these things or even say?
I only just know your name again and know you not though I knew you Once before
But I ask, can I know you again, anew, in this time, afresh, to of you know more?
I am intrigued as to how unique beauty is scorned and called what it Is not at all
When sitting before you I felt your very essence my name call.
If the sun listened to what the jealous stars said the grass would Not grow
So listen not to people’s useless banter about your wonder and Simply glow
Today I met a poem I had read before,
I didn’t understand her, or her beautiful lore.
Thankfully, God gave me the opportunity of reading her again, His wonderful creation
And as best I can I write a rhyming poem at least, in loving Appreciation.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Be Read Twice and Again by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)