Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
To Be Read Twice and Again
Today I met you again and I knew not who you were, though I know who You are,
We spoke, talked and conversated about things near and afar.
And so the night is through, you are long since gone but yet, you Don’t escape my mind,
I close my eyes and the sweetest loving thoughts of you I find.
My heart is punishing me that I found no way to know that you are Okay,
I humbly ask, is it wrong of me to proclaim these things or even say?
I only just know your name again and know you not though I knew you Once before
But I ask, can I know you again, anew, in this time, afresh, to of you know more?
I am intrigued as to how unique beauty is scorned and called what it Is not at all
When sitting before you I felt your very essence my name call.
If the sun listened to what the jealous stars said the grass would Not grow
So listen not to people’s useless banter about your wonder and Simply glow
Today I met a poem I had read before,
I didn’t understand her, or her beautiful lore.
Thankfully, God gave me the opportunity of reading her again, His wonderful creation
And as best I can I write a rhyming poem at least, in loving Appreciation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Be Read Twice and Again by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI