To Dream The Dream
To dream the dream that dreamers dream
Of life, love, and everything in between
To dream of how love should be
And how we would like it to be.
To dream of fairy tale dreams
Always with a happy endings, and finding faults
And trying to mend it.
To see a world where only love reins free
And no more heart aches and pains, and misery.
To see a world of illnesses erased, and wars are
Just a word that we face.
A world where there is no human bondage or
Enslavement of any kind.
A world where children can play in the sand
And walk home hand in hand.
A world where there is no bitterness or hate
It’s all left outside the gate.
To dream the dream that poets do
Where all these dreams can come true.
What a beautiful life it would be
If we could live in harmony.
Ahh! but to enter the mind of a poet
And see all that they see, and dream the dream
That dreamers dream, and see life through
The eyes of a child – WOULDN’T THAT BE WILD!
It is so much easier to love than to hate
If we just have some faith.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Dream The Dream by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Privacy Lost, Morgan Michaels
- Walking alone in your memories, Asma Riaz Khan
- No Free Lunch, Bill Cantrell
- A True Hosanna - After Reading A Poem by.., Warren Falcon
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris