To my beloved AMANDA
Because I feel that, in the skies above.
The angels, playing to one another,
can find among their burning terms of love.
None so dearest as that of 'Amanda, Amanda'.
Therefore by that dear name I long have called you
- -You who are more than angels unto me,
An fill my heart of hearts, where death took your life.
In setting my HomeTown South Carolina's spirit free.
My daughter- my own daughter, who passed away June 4,2010,
was but a daughter of myself; but you
are my daughter to the one I loved so dearly,
and thus are dearest than the daughter I knew
by that infinity with which my life
was dearest to my soul than its soul of life
Natasa Tocuc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To my beloved AMANDA by Natasa Tocuc )
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Feelings Unfelt, RUBAB ATWAL
- Dear person, hasmukh amathalal
- Only If People Understood Me, Mirai Scarlett
- Prajnaanam Brahma, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(1552 - 13 January 1599)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)