Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
to my brother
to my brother
since you gone
all hope were lost to a stone,
my eyes always see you
by the shadow not once,
my dreams all mirrored upon you
from the day you left
us in the empty skies of tears,
will you ever come back
to stay with us again?
will you smile again
to the stories i tell?
your child always reminds me
we miss you dearly
we miss you dear brother,
your smile i still remember,
your house i still remember,
your life was short my brother,
why did you have to die?
why did you leave us behind?
will you ever come back?
poem: “to my brother”
book: “cold feet”
year: may 2013
book no.5 of 2013
rest in peace brother modise ntema (05.05.1979-16.05.2008)
Onalethuso Petruss Ntema's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (to my brother by Onalethuso Petruss Ntema )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)