To My Mother
Mother, you are the inspiration to my life, because of you is who I am.
You held my hand and taught me to walk, because of you I will walk on tall.
Through your eyes you gave me dreams, because of you I believe in myself.
From your heart you showed me how to love, because of you I love with all my heart.
Your tears warned me of life’s uncertainties, because of you I learned how to sacrifice.
From your life story you commend me of my worth, because of you I possess my dignity.
You instilled in me our life belongs in God’s hands, because of you I trust in God with my life.
I could feel your strength when times were hard, because of you I know when I must fight.
Through your darkest night you decline power of corruption, because of you I believe in fate.
Mother, because your heart is my home and my life is your seed. Like a rare four- leaf clover. You nurtured me with a unique beauty to my life.
Linda Patino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mother by Linda Patino )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon
- Pages Of Unlimited Potential, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak