To My Mother
Mother, you are the inspiration to my life, because of you is who I am.
You held my hand and taught me to walk, because of you I will walk on tall.
Through your eyes you gave me dreams, because of you I believe in myself.
From your heart you showed me how to love, because of you I love with all my heart.
Your tears warned me of life’s uncertainties, because of you I learned how to sacrifice.
From your life story you commend me of my worth, because of you I possess my dignity.
You instilled in me our life belongs in God’s hands, because of you I trust in God with my life.
I could feel your strength when times were hard, because of you I know when I must fight.
Through your darkest night you decline power of corruption, because of you I believe in fate.
Mother, because your heart is my home and my life is your seed. Like a rare four- leaf clover. You nurtured me with a unique beauty to my life.
Linda Patino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mother by Linda Patino )
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)