To My Mother
Mother, you are the inspiration to my life, because of you is who I am.
You held my hand and taught me to walk, because of you I will walk on tall.
Through your eyes you gave me dreams, because of you I believe in myself.
From your heart you showed me how to love, because of you I love with all my heart.
Your tears warned me of life’s uncertainties, because of you I learned how to sacrifice.
From your life story you commend me of my worth, because of you I possess my dignity.
You instilled in me our life belongs in God’s hands, because of you I trust in God with my life.
I could feel your strength when times were hard, because of you I know when I must fight.
Through your darkest night you decline power of corruption, because of you I believe in fate.
Mother, because your heart is my home and my life is your seed. Like a rare four- leaf clover. You nurtured me with a unique beauty to my life.
Linda Patino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mother by Linda Patino )
- The Doubter and the Doubt , Ananta Madhavan
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
- Grave fetched, Aftab Alam
- Haiku(Courage), Aftab Alam
- Many Lonely People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reentry, michael walkerjohn
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)