To My Mother
Mother, you are the inspiration to my life, because of you is who I am.
You held my hand and taught me to walk, because of you I will walk on tall.
Through your eyes you gave me dreams, because of you I believe in myself.
From your heart you showed me how to love, because of you I love with all my heart.
Your tears warned me of life’s uncertainties, because of you I learned how to sacrifice.
From your life story you commend me of my worth, because of you I possess my dignity.
You instilled in me our life belongs in God’s hands, because of you I trust in God with my life.
I could feel your strength when times were hard, because of you I know when I must fight.
Through your darkest night you decline power of corruption, because of you I believe in fate.
Mother, because your heart is my home and my life is your seed. Like a rare four- leaf clover. You nurtured me with a unique beauty to my life.
Linda Patino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mother by Linda Patino )
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)