Today... 'The King'
See the King
On a foal
for my soul.
Do not hide,
ride, Lord, ride.
It's God's will.
Climb the hill.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey
Matthew 21: 5'Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' '
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
JESUS IS KING and I will extol Him,
Give Him the glory and honour His name.
He reigns on high, enthroned in the heavens,
Word of the Father, exalted for us.
We have a hope that's steadfast and certain,
Gone through the curtain and touching the throne.
We have a Priest who's there interceding,
Pouring His grace on our lives day by day.
We come to Him, our Priest and Apostle,
Clothed in His glory and bearing His name,
Laying our lives with gladness before Him,
Filled with His Spirit we worship the King.
O Holy One, our hearts do adore You,
Thrilled with Your goodness we give you our praise.
Angels in light with worship surround Him,
Jesus, our Saviour, forever the same.
Copyright © 1981 Springtide/Word Music
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The King' by Roy Allen )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra