Everyone is waiting expectantly on tomorrow
and on the hours of a new morning
like a star shining in the daylight
that is unreachable far.
Why do we tarry,
why do we wait
as yesterday’s tomorrow
is already beginning today.
We do move our lives on
and do not use today
as everything is waiting on tomorrow
and what if tomorrow never comes,
what about today?
Awake with the realization
that tomorrow is still far,
yesterday already starts today
and live for today
as tomorrow can wait.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tomorrow by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks
- Surveillance., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Blunt and Unskilled Indian English Po.., Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In any cold Winter, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Thank You Friends, Shemsi Elsani
- Canvas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Do You Care?, Shemsi Elsani
- Friends, Shemsi Elsani
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..