With a tonal identity
Can be seen in his nomenclature
Colored or half-breed
Black against white
The industrial yellow Asian
Even the merchant-like tanned Indian
But then, do you know who I am……..?
I am a member of the human race
And I choose to be.....
Colorless and colorblind
Dilantha Gunawardana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transcending Barcodes by Dilantha Gunawardana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI