john tiong chunghoo
Travel Taiwan Haiku - Danshui S American Wildlife Exhibition
killing two birds
with one stone
even the dead ones pull them in.
smart money making
exhibit them while alive and also
the Amazonian animals
anybody cares why
they are mostly dead?
yes, you can
take pictures he says
but I found the animal mostly dead
At the Danshui waterfront which is about an hour by subway from Taipei main station, I came across a store exhibiting South American Wild life. The attendant said pictures are aloud. It was only when I was
in the exhibition rooms spread over three floors that I was shocked. Most of the animals including crabs, prawns, snakes and mammals were dead ones. I wonder whether they were first exhibited alive and when dead, were shocked in chemical to be shown. Somehow nobody bothers to ask. I found that very strange. Where are the animal lovers and wild life protection organisations?
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Travel Taiwan Haiku - Danshui S American Wildlife Exhibition by john tiong chunghoo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- In the red painted manor, Emmanuel George Cefai
- God has made, gajanan mishra
- FIRE BRAZIER منقل النار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI