Trees And Dreams
Tall and strong
In rows so long.
Hard and fast
Taller than grass
Grown to last
of old, cut as a mast.
Surveying all around
Casting long shadows westward
Towering flora that abound.
New saplings now old
One story they have told
Deep roots make them bold
As branches unfold
Some older than man
Cast deep in the ground
Hid the old clan
Felt the wet nose of a hound.
Lovers lay beneath it's branches
basking in the sun
Exhausted from their horizontal fun
Beads of sweat, down their bodies run.
Words of love trip off their tongue.
Tall and mighty
Bark textured rough
Their leaves small and flighty
Young children's shoes did scuff
Catching their dreams
As they climb so high
Of rescuing maidens
From pirates near by.
With bows and not so straight arrows
They grin and they smile
As they aim at a sparrow
and miss by a mile.
From it's branches they do swing
Hanging by a limb
Lot of noise, not muffled din.
Hot summer, time to swim.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trees And Dreams by Robert Green )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- You, Subodini Menon
- Winning Option, Jayatissa Liyanage
- dust of bright star, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Sweet Dreams My Angel Queen, Michael P. McParland
- A Hero But Not To Claim, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Power, Rahman Henry
- today the body tomorrow the heart, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blocks Of Puzzle Pieces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the price you pay of course, is loss of .., RIC S. BASTASA
- time does not sleep this time. the windo.., RIC S. BASTASA