Trees, Stars, Flowers
People are like trees,
as the wind howls we can either;
dig our roots in deeper,
or let the wind throw us as it pleases.
People are like stars,
they point a way for others to follow.
People are like flowers,
some bloom late,
but they are just as beautiful,
as though that bloomed early.
Trees hold strong to their roots,
that's all people have left.
Stars burn bright,
but sometimes they,
aren't as bright as perceived.
when it's their time,
no one can change that.
Katherine Bryce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trees, Stars, Flowers by Katherine Bryce )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Lament (O how all things are far removed), Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero