Triumph Over Man
It will be God’s purpose and plan, which will triumph over fallen man,
For it’s God who has the final say, even using defeat along the way.
Allowing what may seem not right, to focus all men on Eternal Light,
As the darkness seems to grow, it’s Jesus Christ men need to know.
Changes are made on each side, as God’s Eternal Truths are denied,
The eternal issues for every land, those which all need to understand.
Finger pointing, back and forth, with more lies with each news report,
Mudding the waters, for all who hear; filling their heart with undo fear.
They want all men to believe, the mindless polices that they conceive,
Which, come off as a big joke, in the light of lies and political smoke.
Their motives seem sure and fine, as they speak about their party line,
As they play on hopes and dreams, to fuel their own political schemes.
Unbelieving men they lead astray, unaware of what the Word may say,
But what is disheartening my friend, is when believer’s ears they bend,
As believers stray from God’s Word, swayed by what they have heard,
Dismissing Eternal Truths they read, seduced by mere people instead.
All, only men and nothing more, with flawed policies that won’t endure,
And any authority, over anything, has been given to them by The King,
Christ, Author of Hope, not dreams, who shall raze all earthly schemes,
When to earth, again He shall come, and reign over all from Jerusalem.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Triumph Over Man by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland