They live as if they don’t know, God above, as they come and go,
Always moving in and out of iniquity, as with eyes that cannot see.
They say that they really believe, and God’s Truth they did receive,
But, their own life has no proof, that they ever embraced The Truth.
Truth that changes how men live, through the Spirit, Christ will give,
Not just to some, but all men, who come to God, to be born again.
Sinful men, who by God’s love, are born anew, of the Spirit above,
God’s Holy Spirit, sent by Christ, to create in believers, a New Life.
The indwelling Spirit starts the change, when believing in the Name,
Of Jesus Christ, unto salvation, who then begins His New Creation.
Transforming our heart and mind, to leave our former ways behind,
Changing our wants and our ways, transforming lives to His Praise.
Through conviction, God will start, His brand new work in our heart,
Turning a heart and mind to Him, to move one from their life of sin,
Moving the heart, who truly trusts, away from sin and worldly lusts;
With open eyes they begin to see, the importance of Life Eternally.
That eternal life begins down here, in a heart moved by Godly fear,
Inspiring change in the present life, to honor our Lord Jesus Christ.
If in your heart there’s no change, while your life remains the same,
Maybe you have been deceived, because you never truly believed.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Change by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes