You think you've found God, but you're far off
He ain't hidin' in that little book.
He's right between your furrowed brow.
The reason why, the way, the how.
It'll never really fully be
understood or plain to see
but open your mind and close your ears
listen to you heart and forget your fears.
You don't need ears to hear your heart
You wanna find God? Thats just the start.
Can you love something that you can't see?
Or do you let everyone else tell you what to believe?
The Truth of God will never be understood,
but will live forever in the hearts of the Good.
You can sit in church and confess your sins
but you dont KNOW God, you're just convinced.
You can change your clothes and powder your face
you can change your sex or even your race,
but youll never be able to escape or dodge
the fact that we are ALL the children of God.
Andy Carl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True God by Andy Carl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Country, Nikola Vaptsarov
- In The Longhouse, Oneida Museum, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- A Song Of Man, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Pyre and him, Barisan Chatterjee
- I'uni Kwi Athi? Hiatho., Roberta Hill Whiteman
- A Letter, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Duel, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Horses in Snow, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Flood, gajanan mishra
- Audrey Hepburn (2nd version), Margaret Alice Second