Try n Try
I have always seen life for what it really is.
Ever since I was a child growing up, hard times are all I know.
I had to sit back and watch my mother work from sunset to sundown.
I had to sit back and watch my mother work herself to her grave.
Nothing ever came easy for her.
She always had a heart and kept a smille on her face.
Life is nothing but a big struggle, but just keep the faith and focus on your goals.
And after all the hell you have been through, ther is success.
Don't let life beat you or you will be walking around like zombies.
Keep on pushing, keep on trying, life can be whatever you make it to be.
But life can also be a bowl of cherries with whip cream and apple pie.
I say this again, life is what you make of it.
You can achieve or conquer anything it throws at you,
you can't quite or give up, you have got to keep on working,
look higher some way, some how you are going to make it.
Maryam Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Try n Try by Maryam Khan )
- Our Promise, michael walkerjohn
- Future's Creed, michael walkerjohn
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)